Cedar Cottage Neighbourhood House Community Board of Governors is now recruiting new board members for the 2020-2021 Term of Office.
What is the Cedar Cottage Community Board of Governors looking for?
The Cedar Cottage Community Board is currently looking for individuals to help further our work in making our neighbourhood a better place to live and engaging people in the community.
Anyone interested in being on the cedar cottage board of management must meet the following criteria:
- Be willing to commit between 8 – 10 hours per month towards Board Governance
- Be active in the community life of Kensington/Cedar Cottage
- Believe in and understand the work of Neighbourhood Houses
- Able to participate in a diverse community board
- Able to work collaboratively and support the Executive Director
- Have an interest in the redevelopment of Cedar Cottage Neighbourhood House
- Be a member of Cedar Cottage Neighbourhood House ($1 cost) and the Association of Neighbourhood Houses of BC ($2 cost)
What should you do?
If you are interested or know someone who would be interested, please fill in a nomination form available at the front desk of Cedar Cottage Neighbourhood House. The completed nomination form can then be returned to Cedar Cottage Neighbourhood House addressed to the Cedar Cottage Community Board Nominating Committee.
In June 2020, the Cedar Cottage Neighbourhood House Community Board AGM Committee Members will begin interviewing potential applicants. Selection will be based on meeting the listed criteria.
The Cedar Cottage Community Board will accept nominations until June 7th, 2020. Nominations received after this date will be considered for the 2020-2021 term. For your
information, Cedar Cottage Neighbourhood House will not accept nominations from the floor during the AGM.
Seniors, youth and Indigenous peoples are encouraged to apply.
Association of Neighbourhood Houses
Mission: ANHBC plays a leadership role in building healthy and engaged neighbourhoods by connecting people and strengthening their capacity to change