Since 1999, the Neighbourhood Small Grants (NSG) has supported resident-led projects and events in Kensington-Cedar Cottage helping us to further develop our strong, vibrant, and connected community. When residents become active in their neighbourhood, communities are strengthened from the ground up.
Our neighbours are awarded grants of up to $500, and projects have included:
- Community asset and meal-sharing
- Children’s art workshops and exhibitions
- Neighbourhood historical walks
- Live community theatre
- Community garden and street beautification projects
- Block parties and neighbourhood clean-ups