Cedar Cottage Neighbourhood House Community Board of Governors is now recruiting new board members for the 2021-2022 Term of Office
What is the Cedar Cottage Community Board of Governors looking for?
The Cedar Cottage Community Board continues to invite individuals interested to help further our work in making Kensington-Cedar Cottage a better place to live for all.
Anyone interested in being on the cedar cottage board of management must meet the following criteria:
- Believe in and understand the work of Neighbourhood Houses
- Able to engage in "big picture" discussions about the role Cedar Cottage Neighbourhood House takes in the Kensington-Cedar Cottage community to foster inclusion, belonging and equity
- Be active in the community life of Kensington-Cedar Cottage
- Be willing to participate in the facility redevelopment of Cedar Cottage Neighbourhood House
- Be able to commit between 6-8 hours per month towards Board Governance
- Able to work collaboratively and support the Executive Director
- Have an interest in the redevelopment of Cedar Cottage Neighbourhood House
- Be a member of Cedar Cottage Neighbourhood House ($1 cost) and the Association of Neighbourhood Houses of BC ($2 cost)
What should you do?
If you are interested or know someone who would be interested, please fill in a nomination form available at the front desk of Cedar Cottage Neighbourhood House. The completed nomination form can then be returned to Cedar Cottage Neighbourhood House addressed to the Cedar Cottage Community Board Nominating Committee.
In June 2021, the Cedar Cottage Neighbourhood House Community Board AGM Committee Members will begin interviewing potential applicants. Selection will be based on meeting the listed criteria.
The Cedar Cottage Community Board will accept nominations until June 11th, 2021. Nominations received after this date will be considered for the 2022-2023 term. For your information, Cedar Cottage Neighbourhood House will not accept nominations from the floor during the AGM.
Seniors, youth and Indigenous peoples are encouraged to apply.
Please call Cedar Cottage Neighbourhood House at (604) 874-4231 or e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org for further information.
Association of Neighbourhood Houses Mission: ANHBC plays a leadership role in building healthy and engaged neighbourhoods by connecting people and strengthening their capacity to change.