March 18th Letter to Participants
Cedar Cottage Neighbourhood House is grateful for all of the support and understanding during this time of the COVID-19 pandemic. We encourage people to stay safe and healthy and as always, please feel free to check in with the Cedar Cottage staff about any current practices or concerns.
For further information
www.bccdc.ca/contact (BC Centre for Disease Control). (translated information is also available)
http://www.vch.ca (Vancouver Coastal Health)
Today, on March 18th, 2020 we continue to work with our funders, our partners and our government to ensure that Cedar Cottage plays a part in the strategies being announced daily.
Today, we are letting everyone know that we will stay open as needed. This means:
- We are working on a plan to provide food and food delivery. Indigenous Family Night will be open for dinner only.
- We will be supporting the seniors in a case by case approach that includes phone calls, access to medical support, connections to the home care system, online activities-such as group exercise at home
- Child care will stay open for families who must have the care. Further details will be provided by next week.
- We are working on a plan to continue a virtual connection for our Literacy Table, Seniors Hub, Neighbourhood Small Grants, Youth Connections and Area Services.
- All communication will continue to be answered by phone, on the website, Facebook, by email or by Canada Post.
- All payments and registrations can only be made by EFT or by mail (through Canada Post or dropped off at Cedar Cottage mail slot)
- Each person who comes into the building, must sign in and indicate if they have had any degree of risk with the COVID-19 virus (travel, illness etc.)
Programs and activities to close:
- Adult Day Program Activities at Cedar Cottage will close temporarily effective March 23rd, 2020
- Saturday and Thursday Family Drop In will close until April 14th. By that time, new plans for programs will be in place.
- Income Tax will postponed until further decisions are made by April 14th.
- Family Programs: Yoga with Wendy, Let’s Cook, Stories and Rhyme time will close effective March 16th
Public walk in services will be closed.